Vision & Mission
Arab International Academy (AIA) aspires to contribute to raising the next generation of informed citizens who can comfortably and confidently adapt to an ever-changing world. All AIA graduates will possess the necessary skills and abilities to lift communities up and address challenges while taking on the responsibility of being the stewards of the preservation and advancement of their own culture and civilization. Indeed, they will understand and engage with the culture and civilization of others, and interact with others on the basis of equality.
The Arab International Academy works to provide students with an interdisciplinary curriculum that is rich, challenging and focuses on the integration of disciplines. The learning and teaching methodologies used encourage creative exploration, critical thinking, and responsible behavior. The environment equips students with the tools they need to engage with the complex and interdependent world around them in a productive manner whether at the individual or whole community level. In order to facilitate this integration, students at AIA start learning both languages, Arabic and English, in the Pre-School. As they progress, in addition to Arabic and English, they will be learning French as a third language.
The Arab International Academy strives to develop distinct qualities and abilities in every generation of graduates through:
- Engendering a love and practice of learning that will follow students throughout their lives as they seek to discover the mysteries and to overcome the challenges of the world around them.
- Preparing leaders with high morals and integrity who are characterized by the ability to respect the opinion of others, resolve conflicts cooperatively and through collective efforts, appreciate community service and inspire others to be attentive to public issues.
- Developing the capacity of students to become critical thinkers and positive risk takers that creatively and innovatively evaluate fact-based issues.
- Advancing students’ capabilities in effective communication by enabling them to master their native and second languages, and through developing their writing and problem-solving skills.
- Empowering students to understand Information Technology and use it as an effective tool.
- Nurturing artistic awareness among students in order to broaden their horizons, elevate their imagination, and sharpen their ability to view the world in different ways.
- Enhancing students’ interest in sports and its importance for promoting good physical and mental health.
- Nurturing the sense of responsibility students feel toward the preservation of the environment.